“SPG hot rate”
StarFRND provides for discounted rooms at participating hotels for associates’ friends and family members/relatives not eligible for HOT Rates.
This benefit is offered to all regular full and part time associates upon commencement of employment. Associates must be actively employed to participate in this benefit.
- Any stay, whether one room or multiple rooms, may not exceed 14 room-nights.
- This benefit is offered on a space available basis at all participating hotels
STARWOOD PREFERRED GUEST (SPG)
Friends and family members who participate in SPG and are paying for a StarFRND rate may earn points on their eligible incidentals but will not earn Starpoints or airline miles for the StarFRND rate itself.
Reservations are to be made using the methods outlined below. Under no circumstances should the destination property be contacted directly. Reservations can be made as follows:
- Starwood associates can visit
one.starwoodhotels.comand select E-Tools to Book StarFRND. Credit card guarantee is required.
- Associates and family members who do not have access to Starwood ONE can book a reservation on any PC throughwww.starwoodhotels.com/starfriend. Credit card guarantee is required.
- Rates and detailed property information are included in the above sites.
Reservations may be guaranteed as follows:
- Credit card guarantee.
- Advance Deposit – mailing an advance deposit check directly to the property, according to the property’s advance deposit policy. Many properties and resorts require an advance deposit because certain remote destinations have no way to replace a short term cancellation.
If travel plans change and the friend / family member is unable to utilize the reserved discounted room, he/she is responsible for canceling the reservation(s).
Friends and family members are responsible for all room, tax and incidental charges.
PROOF OF BENEFIT ELIGIBILITY – StarFRND Reservation Authorization Form
The human resources department at each Starwood location must print the StarFRND reservation authorization form on property / location letterhead. Each time an associate / family member makes a StarFRND reservation, the associate must obtain a form from human resources. The form must be completed by the associate and then validated by a human resources representative. The HR validation includes printed name, signature and phone number of the HR representative authorizing the reservation. In the event of a question or concern about a particular StarFRND reservation, properties can identify the origin of the reservation by both the property letterhead on which the form is printed and the HR contact information.
Friends and family members are expected to maintain our standards of conduct at all times while participating in this program at any of our hotels.
Friends and family members visiting Starwood properties will be treated in the same manner as regular hotel guests, receiving the same services and courtesies that would otherwise be granted.
RESTRICTIONS/EXCLUSIONS – StarFRND Room Rates
- Special provision for StarFRND room rates in the state of Massachusetts:
the State Department of Revenue regulates the pricing of discounted hotel rooms; therefore, the StarFRND rate structure may be different in that state.
- St. Regis properties are not required to participate but may opt in at their own discretion.
- All StarFRND discounts are subject to change.
We reserve the right to change or cancel this benefit at any time.
© 2008 Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.